The Santa Monica Bay Restoration Commission was established by an act of the California Legislature in 2002 to monitor, assess, coordinate and advise
the activities of state programs and oversee funding that affects the beneficial uses, restoration and enhancement of Santa Monica Bay and its watersheds.
The SMBRC is a non-regulatory, locally-based state organization whose functions and governance are prescribed in a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Secretary of the California Environmental Protection Agency, the Secretary of the California Resources Agency and the Chair of the Watershed Advisory Council.
The Commission membership includes federal, state and local public agency officials and employees and representatives of other stakeholder interests.
- Memorandum of Agreement Between the SMBRC and Santa Monica Bay Restoration Foundation
- Governing Board Members
- Governing Board / Executive Committee / Agendas
- Santa Monica Bay Restoration Authority Agendas
- Watershed Advisory Council Presentation on the SMBRC Work Plan by our Executive Director
- State Water Board Legal Counsel Memo - Addresses the Commission's Procedures and Practices, August 2011
- Memorandum of Understanding - Amended by the Governing Board, February 22, 2014
- Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act Text
The Watershed Advisory Council serves as an advisory body to the Governing Board of the Santa Monica Bay Restoration
By design, the Watershed Advisory Council's membership is inclusive, reflecting the diversity of stakeholders within the watershed. Representatives of local, state and federal elected officials, public agencies responsible for protecting the resources and water quality of the Bay, the business community, environmental other community groups all serve on the Council.
- Watershed Advisory Council Members - February 2014
- Watershed Advisory Council Meetings
- Watershed Advisory Council Meeting - March 2015
- Watershed Advisory Council Meeting - March 2014
- Watershed Advisory Council Meeting - February 2013
- Watershed Advisory Council Governing Board Meetings